Tahoe is one of God’s most beautiful places on the earth, so how could anyone, commit suicide here? Tragically Tahoe isn’t immune to suicide, it by some accounts is growing. Our community has a newly founded group meeting monthly to address this growing problem.:
The Suicide Prevention Network has formed a new Survivors of Suicide loss support group that will meet at 6:00 p.m. on the fourth Thursday of each month at the Barton Health Public Relations office located at 2092 Lake Tahoe Blvd. Suite 400 in South Lake Tahoe…..South Tahoe Now .Com
Before you finish reading this, one individual will have ended their life by suicide—because they think they have no other choice. According to the World Health Organization, a massive 800,000 people take their lives every year—one death every 40 seconds. That’s over 2,000 a day. For millions who suffer from deep sadness and despair, “EXIT” points to a better way. This compelling movie shines a powerful light in the darkness and offers true hope to those who think they have none. Someone you know may be secretly considering their exit. Please join us to increase your understanding about the struggle many face, and learn about the high ground that has eluded many who are in despair.
IF YOU ARE STRUGGLING WITH SUICIDAL THOUGHTS, we encourage you to remember four very important things:
1. YOU HAVE WORTH. You are not a cosmic accident; you are not here by chance. The Bible says God formed you in your mother’s womb. You are special, unique, and handcrafted by the Creator; and because of that your life has meaning. No matter where you’ve been, what’s happened, or what you’ve done, nothing can ever erase the incredible value God has placed on you as His creation.
2. YOU ARE LOVED. The Bible says, “God is love.” He not only knows your turmoil and pain, He cares deeply and promises that if you draw near to Him, He will draw near to you. You can be adopted into His family as His beloved child.
3. THERE IS HOPE. The Bible tells us that by trusting in Jesus we have a “living hope,” a hope that is an anchor for the soul. If you don’t know God personally, you can, through genuine repentance and faith in Jesus Christ. Your sins will be washed away. His Spirit will come to live within you and will never leave you, and you’ll be given a new heart with new desires. The meaning and purpose of your life is to truly love God and walk with Him. You can find healing, forgiveness, and hope in Christ.
4. HELP IS AVAILABLE. Like a mold of the soul, severe depression grows in the cold dampness of isolation. Please, open up and reach out for support. You can:
• Tell those closest to you. Confide in a parent, relative, friend, or school counselor, or find a respected Christian psychologist. Dragging a heavy load by yourself can be overwhelming, but if you let someone help carry your burden, it becomes far lighter.
• Call a hotline. You can call the “Suicide Prevention Lifeline” and talk with someone right now. It’s free, confidential, and available 24/7. You can call them at 800-273-8255 or visit them online at http://www.SuicidePreventionLifeline.org
• Speak with a local pastor. If you don’t attend a Christian church, visit http://www.TheEXITmovie.com and click on the “HELP” tab to help you find a church in your area.
Whatever you do, please, please don’t end your life.
Copied from, Living waters Ministry.